Aluminum can business of Mitsubishi Materials Corporation
- Mitsubishi Mining Company Ltd.(now Mitsubishi Materials Corporation) established.
- Coal and Metal divisions separated under legislation to remove excess concentrations in industries [coal operations to form Mitsubishi Mining Company Ltd.; metal operations Taihei Mining (Mitsubishi Metal Mining Company since the following year)].
- Fujioyama Plant was established to enter the aluminum beverage can business (2-piece can body and end).
- Gifu Plant was established (2-piece can body).
- Okayama Plant was established (2-piece can body).
- Aluminum Can Development Center was established.
- Yuki Plant was established (2-piece can body).
- Mitsubishi Metal Corporation and Mitsubishi Mining & Cement Co., Ltd. merged to form Mitsubishi Materials Corporation.
- A new production line for can ends was established at Fujioyama Plant.
- UBC (Used Beverage Cans) recycling plant, first of its kind, was established in Japan.
- Began production of aluminum bottles at Okayama Plant.
- A production line for aluminum bottle was established at Yuki Plant.
- Began production of caps at Fujioyama Plant.
Aluminum can business of Hokkan Holding Limited
- Hokkai Can Manufacturing & Warehousing Co., Ltd. established.
- Hokkai Can Co., Ltd. established through corporation restructuring plan.
- Tatebayashi Plant was established to enter the aluminum beverage can business.
- SI Plant was established to manufacture aluminum can ends.
- Shiga Plant completed (2-piece aluminum cans).
- Change to holding company structure.
Universal Can Corporation
- Universal Can Corporation was established by integrating aluminum beverage can business of Mitsubishi Materials Corporation and that of Hokkan Holdings Limited.
- Consolidate Tatebayashi Plant and SI Plant, and the name change to Gumma plant(Body and End).
- Transferred manufacturing line for can ends of Gumma Plant to Hokkai Can Co,. Ltd.
- Moved head office.
ALTEMIRA Can Co.,Ltd.
- The company name changed to ALTEMIRA Can Co.,Ltd.